Errors, Omissions, Links and Other Sources
Please report errors in the Oz-Boer Database to me by email. Also new names and additional information about existing entries but on Australians only please - I can't cope with any more.
Note however that I'm including in the database those born in Australia who served in South African irregular units (even if they never returned to Australia) as well as soldiers in British Boer War units who later served in the AIF in WW1 plus anyone who served in an Australian Boer War unit whatever their nationality. Essentially, if they have a link with Australia and the Boer War I include them.
I would also appreciate suggestions concerning additional source materials and relevant web sites to link the site to.
Data on Individual Australians in the Boer War
The information needed for each entry is as follows:
- Surname (in UPPER CASE) & Given names (preferably and in lower case) or initials
- Regimental Number
- Rank or title
- Military Units (preferably use my standard Unit/Contingent abbreviations otherwise give unit names in full)
- Australian State or Territory (of birth, residence or embarkation for South Africa)
- Comments (concerning Australian links and service in South Africa)
- URLs of relevant web pages about the person or unit
- Source References (MOST IMPORTANT fully identify publications and cite page numbers), and
- Your identification/contact information (name & address, phone and email)
Source Materials on Australians in the Boer War
Verifyable sources are the key to the ultimate usefulness of the database so both the sources cited for additions or corrections to individual entries and suggestions concerning references that warrant examination by others need to be cited fully (ie, author, title, publisher, date, ISBN etc). Where old or obscure documents are involved, advice on where copies are located would also be helpful.
Thank you for your assistance.
Last changed 5 February 2002