Glenn Grant's Illustrations
A couple of new artists are doing great things illustrating the Traveller universe. One of these is Glenn Grant. I asked him whether his Far Trader illustrations were titled, and I have published his responses - and additional comments! - below.
- "Outpost" (pg 9)
- A Far Trader landing near a frontier outpost, with jubilant
space-suited figures. The suggestion being that ships from outsystem are
extremely rare here.
- "Cargo Drop" (pg 9)
- Far Trader on the tarmac, with Vargr crane operator
accidentally dropping crates.
- "Robots" (pg 19)
- Crazy Liaashi's Used Robots
- "Lost" (pg 34)
- Two Travellers with map, arguing over which way to go in
maze-like low-tech city.
- "Arms Fair" (pg 42)
- K'kree arms dealer with various firearms.
- "Paperwork" (pg 53)
- Trader captain in cramped quarters piled high with
- "Crew Lounge" (pg 66)
- The common area of a trader, full of bored, cranky
crewmembers, in mid-Jump. The Vargr and crewman are playing some kind of 3D
strategy game (Gheta?). The "movie" on the big screen is actually one of my
illustrations for Star Mercs.
- "Bar Fight" (pg 84)
- Two-fisted action, flying beermugs and all.
- "Hand Warmers" (pg 121)
- Customs inspector and Captain opening cargo container
full of, uh, "Hand Warmers"...
- "Dead Meat" (pg 123)
- Stupid butcher offering a freshly killed duck to a Kkree. Note the four-legged chicken on the chopping block.
- "Hijacking" (where?)
- Trader captain with pistol, reacting to security alert on
monitor (I was watching the film "Naked" on TV while I drew this, and the
Captain is loosely based on British actor David Thewliss -- who is utterly
brilliant in the film. Not that it has *anything* to do with the
- "Biohazard" (where?)
- K'kree with leaking cargo containers marked with biohazard
Return to Top of Page