|Surveyor James Richards' first sketch of the
Kurrajong, dated August 1829, shows newly-marked farms
along Hermitage Road, "land cultivated by Duglas Senr" and "Ditto by Duglas Junr". (SRNSW)1
|Surveyor Richards' sketch dated October 1829,
shows his work along the Tabraga ridge and Kurrajong Heights.
The names are those of the original grantees, many of whom sold their land before the deeds were issued. (SRNSW)2
|Part of the parish map of Kurrajong, 1881, showing
land owned by the Douglass family by 1833.
The names are those to whom the deeds were issued, mostly about 1839. (NLA)3
© 2004 Patricia Downes
Back to Joseph Douglass 1782-1865: First Settler at
Kurrajong Heights NSW
Return to Contents Page