Internews Network, an international nonprofit organization supporting independent media projects around the world, seeks a journalism trainer/resident advisor with extensive radio broadcasting experience to manage the training program in our Dili office. Competitive compensation package, excellent benefits. Visit our website at http://www.internews.org
Resident Advisor/Journalism Trainer
Location: East Timor
· Manage the bi-weekly radio program
· Coordinate distribution of East Timor media information and programs
· Lead on-site trainings at regional radio stations
· Encourage business management development in radio companies
· Organize and teach seminars and workshops for local radio station professionals
· Help develop curriculum for management and basic journalism seminars
· Manages the bi-weekly radio program
· Extensive radio news broadcasting
· Radio station management experience
· Experience living and working in Asia
· Radio station training experience
· Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia preferred
Please email your resume to email@example.com by 31 August 01.
Date Listed: August 7, 2001.
Internews® is an international non-profit organisation that supports open media worldwide. The company fosters independent media in emerging democracies, produces innovative television and radio programming and Internet content, and uses the media to reduce conflict within and between countries.
Internews & East Timor: http://www.internews.org/regions/seasia/easttimor.htm
Following the August 1999 referendum on independence, East Timor has been preparing for the transition to independent nation status. In January 2000 Internews opened an office in the capital, Dili, and is helping to develop a draft regulation for broadcast media. Internews is also providing training and support for East Timorese journalists. Internews first worked in East Timor in July 1999, with a training seminar for journalists on "Reporting for Peace."
BD: Current Urgent Actions [section on Working in East Timor]